To help you create top-notch content that is both user and search engine friendly, we have put together 7 tips that should help you improve the quality of the content you produce:
- Be original. All the content you create needs to be unique and should not be a duplicate of something else on the web. Search engines penalise you for duplicate content which means that posting such kind of articles on your site will do more harm than good. Collect as much information from numerous sources as you can, condense the information into concepts, and then write your new post from scratch – that’s how to create unique content.
- Focus on your audience. How you write for a business blog aimed at executives will be fundamentally different to how you write for a price-oriented e-commerce site. In each case, your audience will look for something specific, and if you speak to them in a language different from what they expected, the content will not resonate with them. Content that is not audience oriented will have a high bounce rate which will negatively affect the search ranking of your site.
- Create longer content (at least 300 words). For sectors that are not especially competitive, a 300-word post should be enough to appear in a top position in search results. If, however, you are in a highly competitive sector, you will need to create longer and varied posts to appear on the first page of search results.
- Use keywords effectively. Keywords must be included in your text content for SEO. You need to make sure they are relevant to the content and are naturally blended within the text so as not to put off users or to appear spammy to the search engines. Avoid too much repetition of the words and instead use variants or synonyms of the terms. Overusing keywords can be detrimental to your SEO efforts.
- Don’t focus too much on SEO. It may sound counterintuitive, but in actuality, it’s what search engines really want. Search engines such as Google as well as the users want you to create content that is relevant and of the best quality possible. To do this successfully, you need to ensure that you don’t put too much emphasis on SEO at the expense of the quality of your content. Always remember that when there’s a choice between SEO and the user, the user should always come first – and search engines will reward you for it.
- Don’t mix content. A website will usually have several pages, each talking about something different but related to the overall theme of the site. Make sure each of these pages talks about a completely differentiated topic instead of splitting up a similar topic into numerous pages.
- Create meta tags that reflect your content. Meta tags are very important elements of a website from the search engine’s perspective. Make sure your meta title contains the main keyword at the beginning and the secondary keyword at the end. Ensure your titles are original and different from those of your competitors. If possible, you can include a call-to-action in your descriptions.
Latest posts by Ashley Bryan (see all)
- Introduction To SEO [SEO GUIDE PART 1] - May 7, 2020
- Adding Posts to YourGoogle My Business Knowledge Panel [VIDEO] - April 20, 2020
- SEO During Times Of Crisis: Adapt, Maintain and Plan - April 1, 2020