The Core Web Vitals algorithm update will focus on your visitors' user experience
This update will assess your web pages in 3 key areas:
- The time it takes for your page main content to load (Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
- The time it takes for your page to become interactive (Time To Interaction)
- The amount of unexpected movement of the page or content shift (Cumulative Layout Shift)
Google has guidelines for these Core Web Vitals values:
Image source: SEJ
If you DO meet the Core Web Vitals guidelines what happens?
- Your web page(s) will receive a special graphic in the Google Search Results (SERPs), indicating your page provides a good experience which can help with trust and conversions.
- You may receive a rankings boost
If you DON'T meet the Core Web Vitals guidelines what happens?
- You won't get the special graphic
- Your rankings may drop
Most importantly, your web vitals need to be competitive ie, the value must match or be better than your competitors in the SERPs
What else is important for this update?
You also need to make sure your website:
Get A Google Core Web Vitals Audit Before
The Algorithm Update Rolls Out In May
We will do a comprehensive audit of your website which:
- covers all of the web vitals metrics to see if you pass the guidelines
- compares your metrics with your competitors
FULL recommendation report provided which you can give to your web developers to implement.
Cost $699 plus GST.
To enquire: complete the form on the right or call Ashley on 0401 82 7676