[SEO Course] Keyword Research – What is it
Published On Mar 16,2023
Keyword research in SEO refers to the process of identifying and researching keywords and phrases that people are searching for in relation to your business or industry.
The goal of keyword research is to understand the language and terminology that your target audience is using to find products or services like yours, and to use that information to optimize your website and content to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs) for those keywords.
Keyword research can be done using a variety of tools such as Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc. These tools can provide information on the search volume, competition as well as provide related keywords and phrases that you may not have considered.
There are several steps to conducting keyword research:
- Identifying seed keywords: Start by identifying a list of seed keywords that are relevant to your business or industry. These can be broad or specific terms that you think people may use to find your products or services.
- Analysing search volume: Look at the search volume of the seed keywords to get an idea of how many people are searching for them.
- Identifying related keywords: Look for related keywords and phrases that you may not have considered, using tools or by brainstorming.
- Analysing competition: Look at the competition for the keywords you’re interested in targeting. High competition keywords will be harder to rank for but can potentially bring more traffic to your website.
- Assessing the intent: Analyse the intent behind the keywords. This means understanding whether the people searching for the keyword are looking for information, wanting to buy a product or service or searching for something else.
- Creating a keyword list: Organize your keywords into different groups and create a list of primary and secondary keywords to target for your website and content.
By conducting keyword research, you can identify the keywords and phrases that are most likely to drive traffic to your website and optimize your content to rank well in search engine results pages for those keywords.
This can help to increase your visibility in search results and drive more traffic to your website, ultimately resulting in more leads and sales.
- How to Optimize Product Images for Google Search Results [VIDEO]
- Preventing Keyword Cannibalisation: Best Practices for SEO Success
- How to Remove Yourself as a Manager of Someone Else’s Google Business Profile [VIDEO]
- [SEO Course] Introduction to Visitor Metrics and SEO
- [SEO Course] Why Monitoring Your Competitors is a Key SEO Strategy