[SEO COURSE] Local vs National SEO
Published On Mar 16,2023
Local SEO is the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) for specific geographic locations. This can include optimizing for specific cities, regions, or even neighbourhoods. The goal of local SEO is to make it easier for people in a specific location to find your business when they search for keywords or phrases related to your products or services.
Examples of local SEO tactics include:
- Creating and optimizing Google My Business listings
- Building local backlinks and citations
- Optimizing for local keywords and phrases
- Creating location-specific content on the website
- Encouraging customers to leave reviews on local review sites
National SEO, on the other hand, is the process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results pages for a national or even global audience. The goal of national SEO is to make it easier for people across the country or world to find your business when they search for keywords or phrases related to your products or services.
Examples of national SEO tactics include:
- Optimizing for national or global keywords and phrases
- Building backlinks from high-authority websites
- Creating content that appeals to a wide audience.
- Optimizing for different languages and countries
Both local and national SEO are important, depending on the type of business you run and the audience you’re trying to reach. A local business, such as a small retail store or a restaurant, will benefit more from local SEO, while a national or international business, such as an e-commerce website, would benefit more from national SEO.
- How to Optimize Product Images for Google Search Results [VIDEO]
- Preventing Keyword Cannibalisation: Best Practices for SEO Success
- How to Remove Yourself as a Manager of Someone Else’s Google Business Profile [VIDEO]
- [SEO Course] Introduction to Visitor Metrics and SEO
- [SEO Course] Why Monitoring Your Competitors is a Key SEO Strategy